Monday, August 29, 2011

Search Craigslist Faster!!!

I've been using this awesome way of searching craigslist for a while now and realized that I hadn't shared it on here.  If you use craigslist to find used items and hate how long it can take to weed through all the garbage listed on there, have I got a way to help!

It's a bookmarklet called Craigseasy.  What it does is let you search craigslist in just pictures.  Then you can quickly scan down the list and see what is good and find what you want SOOO much faster.  I used to spend 30 mins to an hour opening and closing listings looking for what I wanted.  Now the same search will only take me under 5 mins!

Here's what you do.  Go to Craigseasy. Follow the easy instructions to download the bookmarklet.


It takes less than a minute to do this.  You add craigseasy to your favorites up in your tool bar.  Then, go to craigslist like usual.  Put in your search parameters, like "couch", click "furniture by owner", and click the "has image" box (be sure to do this step!)  Then hit "search."  You'll see your usual search list in text.  Now, for the magic... Go up to "Favorites" and click on your new "craigseasy" button.  In a few seconds, up will come you search for "couches" but in pictures!


Now you can just scroll down the search results and see what's out there.  If something looks interesting and you want to read more details about it, just click on it's title and the listing details will come up.

I can't tell you how much time this has saved me and enabled me to get some great deals off craigslist by only spending a few minutes a day.  Go! Get this Bookmarklet now!


3 comments:

  1. There is another way! PicClick.com lets you search Etsy, Craigslist and Ebay by image. Check it out - it has made my life more expensive... I mean EASIER! LOL

    Daena

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoa. i tried the picclick and it was easy and no download.
    so glad u gals showed me 2 easier ways! must pin this because HOW DID I NOT KNOW THIS before now?

    have a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm having my first blog hop this weekend. I would love for you to link up some projects. I think my readers over here would really enjoy looking at your beautiful American home.
    Hope you can make it.
    http://mumofalltrades.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails