Saturday, September 18, 2010

Fall Mantle Display

Oh, I'm loving my new mantle in my foyer! The weather changed this week and it made me ready to put together a fall display.  I left a few elements of my summer version and then added some more natural textures and a pop of a beautiful orange.

(oops, the hammer and dust masks are NOT part of the display!)

























I filled a glass vase with some natural pods and dried naturals.  I put a flamless candle in a unique iron piece I found at Goodwill.
I bought four inexpensive floral bunches and tore them apart so I good attach them to a small grapevine wreath.  I love the pop of orange (I know, it looks red in this picture.)
This is a view from my upstairs bridge.  Oh, it's so fun to have a mantle again! I already have a few small touches up my sleeve to add when it gets closer to Halloween!


Internet Inspirations:

Here are some fun decorating ideas for fall. 
Seriously, how easy is this? And yet it's such a cute combination for the kitchen or dining room table.

(by Phyllis Hoffman)
This is made by taking white carnations and spraying them black (I believe with a floral dye.) After arranging them, black licorice are placed in the container to hide the stems. A really cute party accent!

Another easy, but gorgeous display.  Gather you glass containers (or get some cheaply at Goodwill-there are always tons there) and grab those candles.  Fill with various nuts for a natural look.


Both of these arrangements are made by gathering either the wheat or cattails and tightly binding them with ribbon or raffia.


(martha stewart)
Martha always finds such lovely stems of berries.  I'm really loving the yellow pitcher they're in.

Look at all these lovely branches, some painted fun shades, some dangling elegant lights or charming birds:

Where could I get such cute little lights? Darling!

(woman's day)




(phyllis hoffman)


(such pretty things)
I LOVE the painted blue branches with the silver container.  What a beautiful combination.


(by sfgirlbythebay)
These branches were painted black and added to a pebble-filled vase. Easy, again!



I love how this one is in a lovely gray pumpkin with some grass and twisty sticks holding decorative pumpkins.  What a cute centerpiece!

That brings us to the most popular fall decor item, the pumpkin.  Look at all these inspiring ways to display them:


With all the scrapbooking stickers out there, this could be done in minutes.

I love the black color!

(caromel colours)

I love the shades of these metallic mini pumpkins.  They're so gorgeous together. 

Oh to have the talent to paint these cute argyle pumpkins!

(by heather bullard)

(hgtv)

Love the natural with the mercury glass pumpkins.

(by homemadesimple)

These painted black and white pumpkins are stunning.

These leaves were just mod podged on!

(let it shine)

(meredith)

I adore the combination of the silver with the white pumpkins.  I turns out so elegant.

(southern living)

What about these knobby and warty pumpkins?  The colors look wonderful next to that lovely aqua color.  Very unexpected.

(martha stewart)

There's something so lovely about this arrangement.  I love the combination of the orange, grays, greens and the unexpected touches of gold.

A cute idea for the front porch.

(diy showoff)

These "mumkins" would be easy to do using a fake pumpkin shell and placing your mums in them.  With a cute face, you've got a darling addition to the front porch.


 Did you know that these heirloom pumpkins grow these colors?  I may have to see if I can grow some next year!


(martha stewart)

How darling are these?! I want to make a whole army of these guys.

Love the look of the crystal glass and the gourds.


And just for laughs, here's a killer pumpkin snowman:


(my kids think this in hysterical!)

I hope you were inspired to create lovely and unique fall displays. Have fun!


I'm participating in:


6 comments:

  1. I am going to get out the silver spray paint and add some silver pumpkins to my mantle. Thanks for the ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! All the pumpkins are wonderful. Time for me to get out all my pumpkins and have some fun. Thanks for the inspiration.

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I saw you at tatertots and jello! SWEET! I love the mantel, that was one of the things that sold me when we saw our house, I had always wanted a mantel :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your mantle! I'm including you in a feature on fall tomorrow on crazydomestic.com! feel free to grab our "I was featured" button!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I.LOVE.your mantel shelf! What a beautiful festive display! I'm including you in this week's DIY Fall Festival. Thanks so much for linking your amazing decorating talent and SO much fall eye candy! Beautiful!

    Happy Fall!
    Roeshel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the pop of colour against the white... very stylish! Lx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails